Endorsed as India’s first “sport-scooterbike”, the SR 150 was showcased at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo in early February. This scooterbike has been designed and developed in Italy. Aprilia SR 150 is being produced at Piaggio’s Baramati-based plant, in Maharashtra.
Important points you would like to know about Aprilia SR 150
- Aprilia SR 150 is likely to go on sale from August 23 2016
- The Italian two-wheeler maker has confirmed that the new Aprilia 150cc scooter will come at an introductory price of Rs 65,000 (ex-showroom, Pune).
- Power source for the new Aprilia scooter is a 154.4cc, single-cylinder carbureted engine with 3-valves and air cooling system. It is the same engine that does duty in the Vespa 150. It is capable of putting out a maximum power of 11.4bhp at 7,000rpm against a peak torque of 11.5Nm at 5,500rpm. Power is delivered to the wheels via CVT (continuously variable transmission) gear box.
- Aprilia SR 150 is as fuel efficient as Vespa 150. With a carbureted engine, this scooter is likely to return mileage between 53kmpl – 56kmp
- The new Aprilia scooter has very neat and clean design. This sport-scooterbike features a twin headlight with two air inlets, 14-inch black alloy wheels, performance tyres, sporty body graphics. It has a 220 mm front disc and 140mm drum brake at the rear. The scooter has a fuel tank capacity of 7 litres. The Aprilia SR 150 will come in a choice of two colour options – Black and White.
Watch for the video for the first ride review of Aprilia SR 150. Share your comment if you enjoyed watching it.